At Jackson Thornton Technologies, we recognize that the best technologies are useless without the best people to effectively manage them. That's why one of our core ideologies is to hire only the most talented people in the industry.
Our Technical Support Analysts work to troubleshoot IT related issues and determine when there is a need for an issue to be escalated. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide technical support to clients by phone, email, and remote access tools. This position also allows for the opportunity to make onsite visits to troubleshoot issues, while building his/her technical knowledge base. Our Technical Support Analysts must be outgoing and personable, comfortable dealing with frustrated users, and have excellent customer service skills.
This individual will work out of our Montgomery office, and will be included in on-call rotation for after hours and weekend support.
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on Information Technology or related major
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and troubleshooting
- Proficiency with troubleshooting applications, network connectivity, and printing
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people in all levels of an organization
- Minimum of one year of related experience
- MCP preferred
The Technology Consultant will be part of our Technical Services Team responsible for day to day support of our Managed Service clients. Duties will include but are not limited to: troubleshooting, consulting, support, and implementation of network infrastructure, server virtualization, telecommunications, SAN storage, WiFi, and VoIP. Position requires occasional travel beyond the Montgomery area as well as after-hours work for support and project deployments as needed.
- Minimum of three years of hands-on experience in data networking, servers, virtualization, storage and telecommunications, including expert knowledge of TCP/IP and in-depth knowledge of routing and Ethernet switching
- Bachelor's degree or technical degree; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact with all levels of management
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills; excellent trouble shooting and conflict resolution skills
- Must be a self-motivator, able to work independently and lead project staff as needed
- Skills and experience with:
- Major manufacturers of firewalls and switches
- Windows Server technologies
- Virtualization technology – preferably VMWare
- Data Storage – SAN/NAS technologies
- TCP/IP Network troubleshooting, design and support
The following are preferred:
- Experience meeting with customers to understand needs, requirements, and opportunities
- Experience in hardware systems integration/implementation
- Cisco, Microsoft, VMWare, and IBM certifications